NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Ambrico Shape 9
  Salisbury decorated 37 vase with dot and stamped S EmptyToday at 9:02 by Ev

» Christopher Peter Clouston
  Salisbury decorated 37 vase with dot and stamped S EmptyYesterday at 13:45 by aurelipa

» Another mystery mark. Pottery ID
  Salisbury decorated 37 vase with dot and stamped S EmptyYesterday at 10:14 by JanPots

» Shape 17 being used at last !!
  Salisbury decorated 37 vase with dot and stamped S EmptyYesterday at 8:06 by Ev

» Heritage in Blue
  Salisbury decorated 37 vase with dot and stamped S EmptyYesterday at 7:49 by JanPots

» Kelston Potteries No Name Pink Rose
  Salisbury decorated 37 vase with dot and stamped S EmptyFri 6 Sep - 18:25 by Ev

» Lynndale Ware Backstamp
  Salisbury decorated 37 vase with dot and stamped S EmptyFri 6 Sep - 9:40 by Ev

» Who made this platter? Does anyone know
  Salisbury decorated 37 vase with dot and stamped S EmptyThu 5 Sep - 18:19 by JanPots

» Is this a stork or a crane perhaps?
  Salisbury decorated 37 vase with dot and stamped S EmptyThu 5 Sep - 17:12 by CrownPrince

Salisbury decorated 37 vase with dot and stamped S

2 posters

Go down

Salisbury decorated 37 vase with dot and stamped S Empty Salisbury decorated 37 vase with dot and stamped S

Post  Pebs Fri 5 Jul - 19:05

Hi Folks - Found a number 37 vase whilst op-shopping this week. The number and dot are impressed, then it has a blue stamped S. I noticed that number 37 is absent in the Salisbury gallery - am I correct in thinking that this one can fill the photo gap? Just wondered if you lovely experts out there could confirm my thinking on the S for Salisbury? It has a gold and cream splatter finish and a gold interior - very Deco! Cheers, Pebs.  Salisbury decorated 37 vase with dot and stamped S 20240712
  Salisbury decorated 37 vase with dot and stamped S 20240713

Pebs

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2024-02-20

Kat & Co. likes this post

Back to top Go down

Salisbury decorated 37 vase with dot and stamped S Empty Re: Salisbury decorated 37 vase with dot and stamped S

Post  Ev Sat 6 Jul - 7:23

Hi there, your vase matches the Shape 37 in the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery, though the example we have has the Ambrico glazes on it.

I can't say for sure what the S stands for, but your idea is very plausible Very Happy

Your vase has a very striking pattern on it and I will add it to the Salisbury Gallery and credit you for it cheers

I've moved your post into the Salisbury category Smile

https://www.newzealandpottery.net/gallery/Crown-Lynn-Shapes-Catalogue-01-881/1-to-99/37-pic_1556.htm
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17911
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Salisbury decorated 37 vase with dot and stamped S Empty Re: Salisbury decorated 37 vase with dot and stamped S

Post  Pebs Sat 6 Jul - 8:45

Awesome - thanks for your thoughts on this one. Pebs.

Pebs

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2024-02-20

Ev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum