NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Blue Daisy Spray Pattern
Catherine Anselmi palm and moon vase for gallery EmptyToday at 06:56 pm by JanPots

» Maker mark ..
Catherine Anselmi palm and moon vase for gallery EmptyToday at 10:35 am by rachelmoore

» Help with potter ID please?
Catherine Anselmi palm and moon vase for gallery Empty18/05/24, 11:33 am by Pippa J

» Crown Lynn teapot shape 787 courtesy of Manos
Catherine Anselmi palm and moon vase for gallery Empty18/05/24, 08:47 am by Ev

» Critters d731
Catherine Anselmi palm and moon vase for gallery Empty17/05/24, 06:52 pm by JanPots

» Oakley Lodge
Catherine Anselmi palm and moon vase for gallery Empty17/05/24, 03:50 pm by Kat & Co.

» 154 Swan mould from Crown Lynn
Catherine Anselmi palm and moon vase for gallery Empty15/05/24, 08:38 pm by ro

» Jack Krsinich - Foxton Beach
Catherine Anselmi palm and moon vase for gallery Empty15/05/24, 05:09 pm by ANNA KRSINICH

» Adrienne Smith
Catherine Anselmi palm and moon vase for gallery Empty15/05/24, 07:45 am by UrsulaC

Catherine Anselmi palm and moon vase for gallery

2 posters

Go down

Catherine Anselmi palm and moon vase for gallery Empty Catherine Anselmi palm and moon vase for gallery

Post  haselnuss 16/04/16, 03:06 pm

Sadly the base broke when I cleaned it.
Clearly marked on the base. She must have used a Titian or later Aquila shape.

The original Titian vase is shorter/smaller.

Catherine Anselmi palm and moon vase for gallery Dscn8119Catherine Anselmi palm and moon vase for gallery Dscn8120

This could be an Aquila shape.Catherine Anselmi palm and moon vase for gallery Dscn8121

It is unmarked and the same size as the Anselmi vase.
haselnuss
haselnuss

Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Catherine Anselmi palm and moon vase for gallery Empty Re: Catherine Anselmi palm and moon vase for gallery

Post  Ev 16/04/16, 05:41 pm

Well it looks like all of the gossip and rumours are true after all Very Happy
Thank you so much for these, I will add them to the Galleries when I get time.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17757
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Catherine Anselmi palm and moon vase for gallery Empty Re: Catherine Anselmi palm and moon vase for gallery

Post  haselnuss 16/04/16, 06:08 pm

I haven't heard anything about the gossip. Live too far away from the "pottery gossip central Auckland". Please tell me.
haselnuss
haselnuss

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev 16/04/16, 06:11 pm

Peters has mentioned it on the site somewhere, how he had heard that Catherine copied the Titian Moon and Palm vase, but one had never turned up to substantiate the claims. I also read about it on another site that I belonged to at one time, but it was all gossip and rumours and now we have the real deal Smile
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  haselnuss 16/04/16, 06:36 pm

Wow, that is brilliant!

I saw a white crackle glaze moon and palm vase in this bigger shape on Trade Me a couple of years ago.

Did Catherine Anselmi ever use the white crackle glaze?

The crackle glaze screamed Titian to me and so does the glaze of the above yellow vase specially the gold.

I have read that the Browns had different size molds over the years and they seem to be getting bigger down the line. (That is why I first thought it should be an Aquila vase)

Like I have a V.110 in that cobalt blue which was made during the Titian time which is smaller than my other one in a different colour which was also made during the Titian time. I don't think they made the V.110 in three different sizes at the time like the B 107, Sb 204, Pb 101 shapes which came as a 1,2 and 3 size.

The Sherwood blue boy is smaller than the much later Aquila and Orzel version.

I know they made a Aquila moon and palm vase in a different shape with a gap on the base.
haselnuss
haselnuss

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev 16/04/16, 07:20 pm

I have never seen anything of Catherine's work in the crackle glaze that Titian were famous for haselnuss.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum