NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Blue Daisy Spray Pattern
Pinterest.com has a crown lynn page .... EmptyYesterday at 18:56 by JanPots

» Maker mark ..
Pinterest.com has a crown lynn page .... EmptyYesterday at 10:35 by rachelmoore

» Help with potter ID please?
Pinterest.com has a crown lynn page .... EmptySat 18 May - 11:33 by Pippa J

» Crown Lynn teapot shape 787 courtesy of Manos
Pinterest.com has a crown lynn page .... EmptySat 18 May - 8:47 by Ev

» Critters d731
Pinterest.com has a crown lynn page .... EmptyFri 17 May - 18:52 by JanPots

» Oakley Lodge
Pinterest.com has a crown lynn page .... EmptyFri 17 May - 15:50 by Kat & Co.

» 154 Swan mould from Crown Lynn
Pinterest.com has a crown lynn page .... EmptyWed 15 May - 20:38 by ro

» Jack Krsinich - Foxton Beach
Pinterest.com has a crown lynn page .... EmptyWed 15 May - 17:09 by ANNA KRSINICH

» Adrienne Smith
Pinterest.com has a crown lynn page .... EmptyWed 15 May - 7:45 by UrsulaC

Pinterest.com has a crown lynn page ....

4 posters

Go down

Pinterest.com has a crown lynn page .... Empty Pinterest.com has a crown lynn page ....

Post  Ev Tue 21 Feb - 21:45

http://pinterest.com/katiebob57/crown-lynn/

While searching the net looking for Victoria d070 this site came up.
All of the photos have links to where they were sourced, so I guess copyright is covered ....? There are several photos from this site and I just noticed some more as I clicked onto a photo of mine .... anyway it brought me back to a Gallery photo here.
Most of the photos on this page are from Trade Me and their pics vanish after about a month.....perhaps they will stay over at pinterest?
I'm going back to check out the other pics that showed up as coming from here....
I was very surprised, what are your thoughts?
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17757
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Pinterest.com has a crown lynn page .... Empty Re: Pinterest.com has a crown lynn page ....

Post  Marl474 Wed 22 Feb - 9:24

A bit surprised, I thought you had to get permission before using someone else's photos publicly.
Marl474
Marl474

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Pinterest.com has a crown lynn page .... Empty Re: Pinterest.com has a crown lynn page ....

Post  Ev Wed 22 Feb - 15:41

I thought the same Marl, so you wouldn't get a surprise when you saw your photos, words or whatever when they did show up somewhere.
I checked around the site and it seems that all it is are photos that people like for some reason or another and they pin it to their page - always with a link to where the photo came from. There is a Dorothy Thorpe pic of yours.... somewhere, but I haven't located the page.
It seems to be a very popular site. The Trade Me pics go back to the auction when you click the link, even when the auction has finished, so you can see who the photo belongs to.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 22 Feb - 16:55

Just noticed the Google bot looking at a pic on the Gallery and it's the same sort of thing, as they gobble up our pics and spit them out when someone searches for something relevant. Our photos are all over Google and if the searcher clicks on them it brings them back to this site where they originated from.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 26 Feb - 15:22

An article on Venturebeat.com about flickr disabling Pinterest pins on all copyrighted images has had an enormous amount of response!
Once you get past the technical know how of how to download photos even when they are under copyright, there are endless comments about this topic.
Bottom line seems to be that if you don't want your images copied, then don't put them on the net ......
I'm not going to concern myself with this anymore, as I only take photos for this site to share with anyone on the net who is interested.

http://venturebeat.com/2012/02/24/flickr-pinterest-pin/?utm_source=feedburner
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Marl474 Sun 26 Feb - 17:00

Boy that caused it!! What a lot of insults and name calling!!
It doesn't really worry me if people want to copy my pictures of plates.
Marl474
Marl474

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Pinterest.com has a crown lynn page .... Empty re Pinterest has a Crown Lynn site

Post  Jonno Mon 27 Feb - 9:02

I notice that a pic I posted on Trademe last evening is on this site this morning.
Jonno
Jonno

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2011-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 27 Feb - 9:06

One poster was saying that the internet will be a great place when all of the baby-boomers are dead and buried in about 20yrs time!!!! Then things like copyright won't be an issue ...... Sheesh!!!

Oh hey Jonno, you posted while I was posting ..... how did you find your pic on there?
It's has that surprise factor doesn't it!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pinterest.com has a crown lynn page .... Empty re Pinterest has a Crown Lynn site

Post  Jonno Mon 27 Feb - 16:22

Hi Ev,
Found my pic by being a nosey parker , opened the pinterest site and just kept scrolling down and bingo there it was.
Easy enough as I had only taken the photo and posted on Trademe late yesterday so it was fresh in my memory.
They are obviously selective as others that I posted about the same time were not there.
Re copyright. Yes there are some very arrogant attitudes about the validity of copyright which I certainly don't subscribe to, the internet and google have made it seem that it is a free- for- all to do what they will. I cannot agree as I spent some six years arranging the clearance of copyrights for record production and paying the royalties that accrued as a result. Of course the writer and the performer are entitled to their royalties. The twits that don't think so are simply freeloaders.
The other curious thing is that the pinterest is a yahoo site and as I understand it yahoo and google are not exactly buddies.
Yes I was surprised to see my photo published without my permission they guess that I will not do anything about it and if I do they will claim that the site is 'Not for Profit"

Jonno
Jonno

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonno Mon 27 Feb - 16:36

Had another browse and it was not my picture as it was from an auction on Trademe last year
CL 689 Penny Lane. So not so quick after all.
I also see that they do have a copyright page where you can file a complaint if you feel your rights have been ignored.

Last edited by Jonno on Mon 27 Feb - 16:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add title)
Jonno
Jonno

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Fri 18 May - 12:13

The Crown Lynn page is growing - mostly tableware patterns.... majority from Trademe.
I have an invite to join pinterest and may do so just to correct the spelling on some of those patterns Razz
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TimCaulton Sat 19 May - 14:00

I wonder if there is a pottermarks record on the net anywhere
TimCaulton
TimCaulton

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum