NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Blue Daisy Spray Pattern
Temuka Terracotta Oil Bottle from the Gourmet Range c1990 EmptyToday at 11:52 by Ev

» Maker mark ..
Temuka Terracotta Oil Bottle from the Gourmet Range c1990 EmptyToday at 10:35 by rachelmoore

» Help with potter ID please?
Temuka Terracotta Oil Bottle from the Gourmet Range c1990 EmptySat 18 May - 11:33 by Pippa J

» Crown Lynn teapot shape 787 courtesy of Manos
Temuka Terracotta Oil Bottle from the Gourmet Range c1990 EmptySat 18 May - 8:47 by Ev

» Critters d731
Temuka Terracotta Oil Bottle from the Gourmet Range c1990 EmptyFri 17 May - 18:52 by JanPots

» Oakley Lodge
Temuka Terracotta Oil Bottle from the Gourmet Range c1990 EmptyFri 17 May - 15:50 by Kat & Co.

» 154 Swan mould from Crown Lynn
Temuka Terracotta Oil Bottle from the Gourmet Range c1990 EmptyWed 15 May - 20:38 by ro

» Jack Krsinich - Foxton Beach
Temuka Terracotta Oil Bottle from the Gourmet Range c1990 EmptyWed 15 May - 17:09 by ANNA KRSINICH

» Adrienne Smith
Temuka Terracotta Oil Bottle from the Gourmet Range c1990 EmptyWed 15 May - 7:45 by UrsulaC

Temuka Terracotta Oil Bottle from the Gourmet Range c1990

Go down

Temuka Terracotta Oil Bottle from the Gourmet Range c1990 Empty Temuka Terracotta Oil Bottle from the Gourmet Range c1990

Post  Ev Fri 13 Jan - 14:31

Pleased to find this Temuka Terracotta Oil Bottle.
It has been made by hand by someone who knows what they are doing.
We would like to know who made all of the Terracotta pottery at Temuka and also who decorated it, as we have quite a few pieces on the site.
I am contacting Paul White's daughter to check out if it was him, or if he knows who the maker was.

Temuka Terracotta Oil Bottle from the Gourmet Range c1990 Temuka41

Last edited by Ev on Mon 23 Jan - 6:47; edited 1 time in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17757
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Temuka Terracotta Oil Bottle from the Gourmet Range c1990 Empty Re: Temuka Terracotta Oil Bottle from the Gourmet Range c1990

Post  Ev Tue 17 Jan - 16:16

Paul White replied to my questions about the hand thrown Terracotta Ware at Temuka ....

"Hello. Paul White here. I threw the decorator range as i believe it was called but not the painted decoration which was done by the ladies in the decorating department. There were about 15 pieces in the range. The terracotta and decoration was designed by Royce McGlashen. It was mainly sold in the Temuka Pottery shops around the country."
Ev
Ev
Admin

JanPots likes this post

Back to top Go down

Temuka Terracotta Oil Bottle from the Gourmet Range c1990 Empty Re: Temuka Terracotta Oil Bottle from the Gourmet Range c1990

Post  Ev Mon 23 Jan - 6:47

Paul White has let me know that this terracotta ware was called the Gourmet Range and was made c1990.
Ev
Ev
Admin

JanPots likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum