NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Blue Daisy Spray Pattern
Finally found the term used for those painted vases! EmptyToday at 18:56 by JanPots

» Maker mark ..
Finally found the term used for those painted vases! EmptyToday at 10:35 by rachelmoore

» Help with potter ID please?
Finally found the term used for those painted vases! EmptySat 18 May - 11:33 by Pippa J

» Crown Lynn teapot shape 787 courtesy of Manos
Finally found the term used for those painted vases! EmptySat 18 May - 8:47 by Ev

» Critters d731
Finally found the term used for those painted vases! EmptyFri 17 May - 18:52 by JanPots

» Oakley Lodge
Finally found the term used for those painted vases! EmptyFri 17 May - 15:50 by Kat & Co.

» 154 Swan mould from Crown Lynn
Finally found the term used for those painted vases! EmptyWed 15 May - 20:38 by ro

» Jack Krsinich - Foxton Beach
Finally found the term used for those painted vases! EmptyWed 15 May - 17:09 by ANNA KRSINICH

» Adrienne Smith
Finally found the term used for those painted vases! EmptyWed 15 May - 7:45 by UrsulaC

Finally found the term used for those painted vases!

Go down

Finally found the term used for those painted vases! Empty Finally found the term used for those painted vases!

Post  Ev Wed 24 Aug - 9:11

When looking for something else the term Cold-Painted was used for those decorated pots that have been high fired and not glazed.
For example Salisbury and Harwyn used this method in the 1940's to decorate pottery that was sourced from Ambrico, Rancich, Glen Afton etc.

I have been searching for this term for years!! I knew there would have to be a term that potters understood.

Like this .... and I'm really thrilled !!!!!!!

Finally found the term used for those painted vases! Harwyn18

Finally found the term used for those painted vases! 18_sal10
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17757
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

mumof1, JanPots and Truffles like this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: